Sunday, November 28, 2010

Taipei 101 and the International Flora Exhibition 2010

 
Taipei 101, Taiwan
TAIPEI, Taiwan - How can I forget my trip to Taipei, Taiwan? As soon as the flight took off at Changi international airport (www.changiairport.com), I already felt the turbulence until it landed at Taipei international airport (www.taoyuan-airport.com) . That was the bumpiest 4 & 1/2 hour ride I ever had in my traveling life. Though I'm used to traveling, I still don't like the feeling of turbulence.

Going to Taipei in November is quite good because the weather is cold but not the coldest month in the year.
Taipei 101 is a must place to visit in the city. We came there with my colleagues on the first weekend. We took the subway train from our hotel. I like the token/plastic coins used to enter the station. Unlike in most Asian cities which use plastic cards, Taipei uses plastic tokens that can be read by the machine. Also, their train is longer than the trains in Singapore, Manila, Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok.
From afar, I can see the once-tallest-building in the world. That's why the building serve as a guide. As long as the building is visible to me, I can say that I am not so far from the subway station.  

Taipei, Taiwan
On the second week, we went to the International Flora Exhibition. That was really an enjoyable experience. We were able to see flower arrangements from most parts of the world. They were transported and arranged to represent their countries. The queue to enter the exhibition center was very long but it was worth the wait.
Overall, the experience in Taipei was great. We finished the assignment one day earlier. But when I tried to rebook my flight to an earlier time there's no more available seat. I just found out at the airport that our flight had a lot of primary students from Singapore who had visited Taipei as part of the school activity and the flight was really full.
Keep on following my travel blogs. Also, for all your travel needs (airfare, hotel, cruise package, holiday packages, car rental and more), please visit wow amazing holiday website.

No comments: