Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dalian - China's Romantic City

 
China Eastern Airline
(Photo was taken through Iphone)
DALIAN, Liaoning, China - On board Singapore Airline flight SQ828 on January 7, 2013 at 7:30 am from Singapore, I arrived in Shanghai, China Pudong International Airport. It was a 5-hour flight and I landed at 12:30 pm. I transferred from terminal 2 to terminal 1 to take China Eastern airline to Dalian. This is my third time to come to China but it is my first time to take connecting flight via Shanghai. My previous trips to Dalian were through Beijing.

I arrived in Dalian at 6:30 pm after a 1- and-a-half hour flight. The temperature then was -8 degrees. This is my first time to experience this very cold weather. The coldest I had was in New York and in Seoul, Korea in 2007 at -3 degrees. Despite the cold weather outside the airport, my driver still asks me to walk for about 300 meters to go to the car park. It was really freezing outside.  

Dalian City
(Photo was taken through Iphone from my hotel room)
Dalian is the second biggest city in Liaoning province (north China). Prior to my assignment to Dalian, I didn't know anything about the city. But I was surprised that the city is very progressive. I can say that business development and beauty of nature are both maintained in the city.

Keep on following my travel blogs. Also, for all your travel needs (airfare, hotel, cruise package, holiday packages, car rental and more), please visit wow amazing holiday website.

No comments: